( on reimbursement basis ) overall limit of the coverage for a person is : Rs. 1,00,000/-
Objectives of Niramaya
- To provide affordable Health Insurance to persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation & Multiple Disabilities.
- To encourage health services seeking behavior among persons with disability.
- To improve the general health condition & quality of life of persons with disability.
- The entire scheme will be implemented through an Insurance company & monitored by the National Trust.
Documents required for enrollment
- Disability certificate / IQ certificate
- Residential proof
- Adhar card
- Bank book
- Rs.250/- if family monthly income is upto Rs.15000/- pm.
- (ii) Rs.500/- if family monthly income is above Rs.15000/- pm.
- (iii) Renewal is free only for BPL category( Income certificate )
Scheme and coverage
- Have a single premium across age band.
- Provide same coverage irrespective of the type of disability covered under NT
- Insurance cover up to Rs. 1,00,000/-
- All persons with developmental disabilities covered under National Trust Act, will be eligible and those enrolling with National Trust would be included and there will be no ‘selection’.
- The scheme will be available in the entire country except in J & K
The scheme further envisages that there shall be
- No exclusion of Pre-existing condition
- Same cover as that for other persons
- Services ranging from regular Medical Check-up to Hospitalization, Therapy to Corrective Surgery, Transportation.
- Conditions requiring repetitive medical intervention as an in-patient.
- Pre & Post hospitalization expenses, subject to limits.
- No pre-insurance medical tests.
Reimbursement of claims in case of OPD services from any Qualified Medical Practitioner and for IPD treatment can be taken from a Hospital anywhere in the country