National Trust Act- 1999 has come in force for the welfare, rehabilitation of the Mentally Retarded, Cerebral palsy, Autistic and Multiple disabled individuals.
Objectives of National trust
- To enable and empower persons with disability to live as independently and as fully as possible within and as close to the community to which they belong;
- To strengthen facilities to provide support to persons with disability to live within their own families;
- To extend support to registered organizations to provide need based services during period of crisis in the family of persons with disability;
- To deal with problems of persons with disability who do not have family support ;
- To promote measures for the care and protection of persons with disability in the event of death of their parent or guardian;
- To evolve procedures for the appointment of guardians and trustees for persons with disability requiring such protection;
- To facilitate the realization of equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation of persons with disability;
- To do any other act which is incidental to the aforesaid objects.